[CF-Devel] New comunication commands. 'me and 'set_reply

Thu Sep 25 23:10:53 CDT 2003

      There were some discussions about that on the mailing list, or on the

      forum...

      If i remember correctly, something like channels was planned...

not planned, proposed...

      Personally i'd like to have one tab per user i'm chatting with, and

      maybe chat rooms, that is something like IRC :)

      With one channel for general messages (leaves/enters/...)

      Nicolas 'Ryo'

I thought it would be ok to have a few channels for shouting type
communications but not anything really fancy - I can see the need for
being able to tune in and out of global conversations which you cnnot do
with shout, but if it starts getting into of rooms and tabs and all that
it starts taking away from the game. Gsay and tell/reply are pretty good
tools.  Channels would be like gsay without the xp shareing.  But
crossfire does have a location factor so if you want to get a room and
converse (and use all those emotes) you can *actually* get a room and
sit down and have a conversation.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com