[CF-Devel] Floors / walls and archetypes

Sun Sep 28 06:56:33 CDT 2003

Hi.

For some new functions I wanna add to CF, I need to be able to detect,
at a certain position, which object is a floor and which one is a wall.
I don't mean 'blocking pass or view' item, but the real floor or wall item.

Currently I plan on using a combination of GET_MAP_OB (hopefully the
floor), and FLAG_NO_PASS to check if something is a wall, also checking
things like slaying to avoid doors.

But looking in the code, there's in define.h
    #define WALL                77
    #define FLOOR                71
(as item type definition)
It seems those values aren't in archetypes anywhere, even in walls
archetypes.

Is there a simple way to find floor / wall? Should I use an item's type,
defining it manually in the editor, for floors / walls? Should I change
archetypes to add type 77 / type 71 to walls / floors?
Or am I missing an easy & obvious solution?

Thanks in advance
Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com