[CF-Devel] Re: [CF-Devel] New comunication commands. 'me and 'set_reply

Tue Sep 30 00:42:30 CDT 2003

Todd Mitchell wrote:

       It seems odd to set a listen level for these.  You've subscibed to

      the channel - that suggests you want to hear them.  If you don't want

      to hear them, unsubscribe from the channel.

      I could see being subscribed to a few different channels (your guild,

      friends channel,... then deciding for a while to not get any channel

      messages (busy in a tricky place).  If you could do listen 2 and for a

      time just ignore those channels then do listen 3 when you are done so

      you can continue on with them without having to subscribe or unsubscribe

      it would be handy, no?

  Perhaps, but this seems more like an client issue.

  Depending on how the channel messages are displayed (eg, different tab), then
all you really do is not look at that tab.

  I'd rather see the ignore logic handled on the client.  Probably just as easy
to do, but more so, one could add pretty complicated logic (regexp expression
matching for messages or something).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com