[CF-Devel] Re: [CF-Devel] New comunication commands. 'me and 'set_reply

Tue Sep 30 00:51:29 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      In this case, maybe we could reimplement the 'shout' like a general

      channel everyone is subscribed to?

      This way, even if shout still exists, it's still managed the same way as

      other channels.

  Yeah, perhaps.  OTOH, the current shout code is probably pretty simple
codewise, so may not really save much be rolling that logic in.

      Storing channels on server exit (btw, how do you close the server

      properly? Only way i know, under Windows, is good old ctrl+c) could be

      done. Though closing server isn't something that happens often, so

      savings channels is maybe _not_ that big a priority.

  Well, there are dm commands, and sighup is the best way.  But really, if you
allow persistant channels to be created by DM's, that file should be the instant
the appropriate command to create the channel is done.  Because most server
shutdowns are unexpected (crashes), can't hope that a clean shutdown would be done.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com