[CF-Devel] Amethyst images and arch

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Apr 3 01:48:20 CST 2004

Brian Angeletti wrote:

      I have attempted a recolor of the jewel to create an amethyst, which I

      know we lack...

      Enjoy the fruits my test of the new GIMP 2.0 and I hope it becomes a

      useful gem

      A hint on recipies using it: a -methyst means anti-alcohol

      Since I cannot send zips as SF has blocked them, I will send the link:

      http://emperorbma.tripod.com/amethyst.zip

  As a note, it is generally more convenient to just attach small files like
that unzipped or otherwise unprocessed - makes viewing the data easier.

  That said, taking a quick look at the images and the arch, it seems fine.  But
at some point, I do wonder how many different varieties of gems we really need
(do we start adding aquamarine?  black pearls?  topaz, etc?)  Looking at the
current gems in the game, we have ranges from 50 (1 platinum coin) to 400
(diamond).  This ignores the 'of flawless beauty' and the like gems.

  So that said, I'd think before we start adding every gem we can think of,
there should be some compelling reason - recipes, quests, etc.  Otherwise, I'd
think that at some point, if too many gems are in the game, it would start to
become a detriment.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com