[CF-Devel] Fear

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Apr 5 16:07:44 CDT 2004

Fear became too poerful, it's almost as dangerous as confusion or even
paralysis. Low-mid lvl characters may end up dead fast when facing monsters
with fear-attack. Due to the fact that most monsters can use their
spell-like abilities continously, I think the fear-effect in it's current
state should be revised. (Geting +100 fear is much harder or using it is
much uneconomical than para and conf res.)
Gaea's followers with this have a way too strong drawback as well. -100
fear means they can only get 0 fear res with any effort. I suggest
considering giving it's followers from -30 to -10 fear res, comparing to
Monstrai's -10 conf. it sounds reasonable, now that fear is almost as
dangerous as conf. or para.
(Even such things happened to me: I attacked a dragon next to a
non-magical room. With his fear he made me run into that room, and I had
no way to left that room, 'cause portal, word of recall, scrolls, rods
etc. didn't work and I couldn't get rid off the dragon, for he
continously used his fear attack - seemed to be a deadlock. - There are
too much monsters anyway which can use fear attack and some cone-type
damaging spell - this combo what makes fear lethal- I was lucky that
there was a troll as well, and wandering around I could "make" the troll
stand in front of the dragon so it stopped using fear attack, and could
kill a troll, step in his place and cast a dimension door.)
Please consider!

Xenon

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com