[CF-Devel] Fear

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Apr 5 22:29:11 CDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 16:07
Palfy Tamas wrote:

      Fear became too poerful, it's almost as dangerous as confusion or even

      paralysis. Low-mid lvl characters may end up dead fast when facing monsters

      with fear-attack. Due to the fact that most monsters can use their

      spell-like abilities continously, I think the fear-effect in it's current

      state should be revised. (Geting +100 fear is much harder or using it is

      much uneconomical than para and conf res.)

      Gaea's followers with this have a way too strong drawback as well.

      -100 fear means they can only get 0 fear res with any effort. I

      suggest considering giving it's followers from -30 to -10 fear res,

      comparing to Monstrai's -10 conf. it sounds reasonable, now that

      fear is almost as dangerous as conf. or para.

     [...]

AFAIK, this is how fear always worked before it was broken. If you
don't like not being able to battle dragons or other creatures due to
fear then do not follow Gaea. :-P

Oh yeah, always carry one of these: amulet of the Shielded Mind *
(item_power +24)(resist confusion +100)(resist paralyzation +100)
(resist fear +100). Wear with other items as appropriate. :-)

Gene (aka poof, aka eracc)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 22:21:49 up 37 days, 16:17, 10 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com