[CF-Devel] Fear

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Apr 6 00:55:21 CDT 2004

  Just some clarification on how fear works.

  The only effect the resistance/vulnerability has in fear is the adjustment on
saving throw.  Fear -100 means you have a -10 on your saving throw.

  The saving throw is also adjusted based on level. So if you had no
bonus/penalty to your resist fear, if you are more than 20 levels higher than
whatever is casting fear, you'd also be immune.  IF you have resist fear -100,
then if you are 30 levels above, you are basically immune.

  I personally agree with Eracc here - I don't think every class/race/god combo
should be entitled to kill every creature with equal ease.

  That said, a -100 resist fear may be a bit steep, but fear also operates a bit
different - it lasts until you can't run any further (so, if you were backed in
a corner, you'd basically be immune) - in comparison, confusion can often last
quite a while.  Maybe a -50 resist fear is mroe reasonable, but really hard to
say, since as said, it only really effects level.  Dragon's are level 18 - any
level 18 character could have troubles with fear against dragons.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com