[CF-Devel] Loader.c issue

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Apr 10 02:15:14 CDT 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      It seems there are different flex and/or parameters used on loader.l to

      generate loader.c

      Unfortunately some settings cause issues with Windows, which doesn't

      have 'unistd.h'. On some versions of loader.c, it's enclosed by '#ifndef

      YY_NO_UNISTD_H', on others no.

      Since the first version (with #ifndef YY_NO_UNISTD_H) is better (avoids

      me the pain of adding some windows-specific #ifdef), any way to ensure

      this is always the case?

It appears this is a combination of the version of flex as well as options used.
  I'm not sure, as I have flex 2.5.4 on my systems, which doesn't support that
behaviour, but it appears that they (flex folks) have added some new stuff to
that - at least I see it in the 2.5.31 version.

  I suppose we should make up a list (for developers) or the release of
different products (automake, aclocal, flex, etc) required for development.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com