[CF-Devel] patch: max level

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Apr 10 02:51:33 CDT 2004

Bernd Edler wrote:

      With this little change, we can allow players to gain exp

      in their skills even if maxed out overall.

      We just restrict the maxexp check in change_exp to monsters, as

      add_exp checks everything correctly for players already.

      Then it is no more harmful to gain experience in "useless" skills.

  This is now applied to CVS.

      Speaking of that, it seems to me like fireborn do fire damage with

      punching and karate.

      While this has a certain logic, it also renders their natural

      flame touch useless.

  This should now be fixed.  The 'problem' is that if the player had a 0
attacktype, they got the attacktype of their archetype.  And punching and karate
had no attacktype set, so it pulled the attacktype for the archetype, which was
physical & fire.  I've just added attacktype to those skills.

  Arguably, this may break things if something was really trying for the
behaviour.  But that would seem to break in any others.  Eg, if you cast
confusion on yourself and tried to use karate, you wouldn't kill anything,
because your only attacktype would be confusion.  If certain attacking skills
are suppose to gain attacktypes from the parent arch, a better method is needed.

     EmperorBMA at cox.net

      wrote:
 > The same can be said for dragons and clawing...  Claw should take precedence.

  That is easy enough to change - the ordering right now is in include/skills.h
- the order is currently karate, clawing, flame touch, and punching.  Probably
the best way would be for this to be setable by each player, as I don't know if
there is univeral agreement on what is the best and so on.

_

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com