[CF-Devel] Possible item price bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Apr 15 14:28:32 CDT 2004

I think there is a bug in the function query_cost() for high priced
items: the graph of the adjusted price is not a continuous function (see
red function in attached image). I.e. you will get the "real" price for
items up to 25000; for higher priced items you will get about 11000
only.

What is the "right" fix for this problem?

 1. Decrease the limit from 25000 to 10000 (green function in image).
    (Maybe this was the case some time ago because this makes the
    existing adjustment function continuous and the comment for
    query_cost() mentions "10000".)

 2. Modify the adjustment function (blue function in image).

 3. Leave it as is (red function in image).