[CF-Devel] Possible item price bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Apr 16 00:34:45 CDT 2004

Andreas Kirschbaum wrote:

      I think there is a bug in the function query_cost() for high priced

      items: the graph of the adjusted price is not a continuous function (see

      red function in attached image). I.e. you will get the "real" price for

      items up to 25000; for higher priced items you will get about 11000

      only.

      What is the "right" fix for this problem?

       1. Decrease the limit from 25000 to 10000 (green function in image).

          (Maybe this was the case some time ago because this makes the

          existing adjustment function continuous and the comment for

          query_cost() mentions "10000".)

  That is probably the right approach - there is already too much money in the
game anyways, so cutting down a little bit more probably isn't a bad idea.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com