[CF-Devel] Divine shock, et al.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Apr 16 22:43:03 CDT 2004

It has come to my attention that divine shock is a pitifully weak spell. At
level 15, I am virtually unable to kill even basic creatures, such as
skeletons, with it. Despite the fact it is a "level 1" praying spell, level
12-13 (approx.) is required to obtain it from Sorig. By comparison,
banishment, which is denied to Sorig followers, is far more powerful. Given
that god-given spells are meant to be more powerful -- due to their
rarity -- irrespective of level, the wc -30 it has been assigned on poof's
request is still too low. Moreover, it was once far more powerful again; the
reduction in power has been severe and quite noticable. The sparseness of
spells given by Sorig is another contributing factor; thus, I propose a
change of the wc of the archetype for divine_shock to -45. Attached is a
patch. Banishment's wc is -40.

Suggestions, input requested -- perhaps a change in the spell's level, or
the GR consumed is warranted in addition? At the moment, the spell is
near-useless for low level characters.

-archaios