[CF-Devel] Item bugs.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Apr 18 01:55:35 CDT 2004

Lalo Martins wrote:

      I checked the source again and I'm 111% sure it's behaving

      exactly as intended - cumulative bonuses and never on str.

      If I understand it correctly, however, and comparing it with the

      Weapons of Occidental Mages, the catch is that the "bonus"

      should be able to be negative to, so if you get +30 you're

      *really* very lucky.  The version of the script attached does

      just this.

  I've applied your patch for the rings.

  But looking at the weapon, it seems to have a similar problem - it is twice as
likely to get a positive bonus (dam +10) as a negative bonus.  Thus, in the long
run, you'd likely end up with a weapon with a very high positive damage.

  I was going to modify it so that it increased/decreased the magic of the
weapon, but it doesn't seem that there is the plugin glue currently in place to
adjust the magic value of an item.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com