[CF-Devel] some spells weirdness

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Apr 18 17:36:23 CDT 2004

        I take it you mean to say that the charm monster spell should give xp the

      moment the monster is charmed?

right

        This could be done, but is a bit different in that the model for most all

      spells is you get exp when it causes death.  Eg, we don't give exp for

      successfully casting a cure wounds spell for example.

        One problem I see with giving some amount of monster exp when spell is cast

        is

      abusiveness - Probably much easier/faster to charm a bunch of monsters and not

      have them kill anything vs having to charm them and then finding them

      something to kill (eg, go into room full of monsters, cast a bunch of charms,

      get exp, and just leave)

just as a matter of comparison, the prayer peace comes to my mind as a spell
able to do exactly what you say... but my point is that the "real work" of the
summoner is done while charming a monster, and it would sound fair to me that
the experience is given by doing that work... and maybe doing so will give
summoners an easier way to go. right now if you run into a room full of monsters
those monsters usually have pretty similar protections and spells, so waiting
for your charmed pets to kill such similar monsters might get you a long while.
Since your charmed pets can kill other monsters for you after charmed i said to
give just a part of the xp when the monster is charmed, and so you would also
like to wait and see if your pet can kill another monster and get some more xp.

just my point of view anyway :)

--

      Karla  Mª  Stenger  Sábat   |

      Pando . Canelones . Uruguay |