[CF-Devel] some spells weirdness

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Apr 18 08:50:16 CDT 2004

      > 	-the charm monsters spell shouldnt give xp in the moment you charm a monster

      > too instead of just turning the monsters your pets and wait for them to kill a

      > monster to give you some xp? i think it should at least give a fraction of the

      > total monster's xp, but that's just my thought abput it :)

        I take it you mean to say that the charm monster spell should give xp the

      moment the monster is charmed?

        This could be done, but is a bit different in that the model for most all

      spells is you get exp when it causes death.  Eg, we don't give exp for

      successfully casting a cure wounds spell for example.

        One problem I see with giving some amount of monster exp when spell is cast is

      abusiveness - Probably much easier/faster to charm a bunch of monsters and not

      have them kill anything vs having to charm them and then finding them something

      to kill (eg, go into room full of monsters, cast a bunch of charms, get exp, and

      just leave)

I would expect charm monster to be the spell equivalent of oratory,
which, last I checked, does give xp when you charm the monster.  Unless
it really is a problem, it would be nice to keep that parallel.

--PC

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com