[CF-Devel] Player enhanced weapon problem?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Apr 20 18:13:14 CDT 2004

Greetings developers,

On crossfire.metalforge.net I have created a new character, Galahad.
He is Human/Paladin/Lythander. He is now level 18 in "two handed
weapon" skill. He is supposed to be able to "...handle 10 weapon
improvements."

Galahad used Prepare Weapon and 100 diamonds to prepare a
"Bonecrusher +3" for 10 Enhancements. He then gave the Bonecrusher
these stats:

  That is Galahad's Bonecrusher +4 (Str+3)(Dex+2)(Con+1)(dam+50)
  (improved 9/10)(item_power +13)(weapon speed 13)(slay skeleton)
  (Attacks: physical)
  It is made of: granite.
  It goes on your arm (2)
  It weighs 96.000 kg.

The order was Str-Str-Str, Dex-Dex, Con, Enchant Weapon, Lower Weapon
Weight, Lower Weapon Weight.

If Galahad strips naked and types 'skills he sees:

  You can handle 10 weapon improvements.
  You worship Lythander.
  Your equipped item power is 0 out of 25

If he then tried to equip the enhanced Bonecrusher he sees:

  That weapon is too powerful for you to use.
  It would consume your soul!.

By my calculations he *should* be able to equip that weapon. Someone
who can understand the code please take a look at it and tell me what
I did wrong, if anything. Or see if the code is borked and repair it
in CVS (I don't yet have the C skill for this).

TIA,
Gene (aka poof|Galahad, aka eracc)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 17:55:35 up 52 days, 11:51, 11 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com