[CF-Devel] Re: Possible item price bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Apr 22 00:15:50 CDT 2004

Andreas Kirschbaum wrote:

      Bernd Edler wrote:

      [...]

     One can define PRICE_LIMIT here or even in the config.h if desired.

      I considered this (to define a constant for the limit) but did not

      introduce it because it would add complexity through another

      configurable parameter. On the other hand, having a configurable

      parameter may prevent a future bug when someone changes the limit again.

  Well, at least having a #define at the top of shop.c isn't a bad idea instead
of it just being harcoded in the code itself.

      I have another concern about the new function: The price adjustment

      should tone down expensive items to limit the money one can get by

      selling items. The existing function is very "aggressive" in this regard

      but the new function gives much more money (see functions titled "new

      function (limit ...)") in attached image).

  Looking at the graph you provided, I share that concern - the price doesn't
seem to decrease all that much.

  The real idea of the function was to limit money players would get for really
expensive items that a are periodically generated - sometimes, combination of
abilities is created that result in incredibly value items (hundreds of
thousands of platinum).  If the current function doesn't do that, that should
get fixed up.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com