[CF-Devel] server 1.6.0?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Apr 25 02:23:54 CDT 2004

David Seikel wrote:

      During my big bug fixing effort at the beginning of the year, I closed a

      large number of the sourceforge listed bugs.  Would that have qualified as a

      relatively low bug count?

  A lot depends on the nature of the bugs.

  For example, some number of bugs may be nuisances or odd behaviours, but don't
really break anything - while not ideal to have those, a large number of those
isn't that big a deal.

  OTOH, some bugs may be very rare/esoteric, but cause potentially major
problems (abuse of some form) - if players are aware of them, those are major
bugs, and a relatively low number is desired for those.

  The best indicator I use is the crash frequency of crossfire.metalforge.net -
if crash frequency is a couple times a week, I find that acceptable.  OTOH, a
last minute bug can get reported to make life confusing.

      I would like to see more docs about the new skill/spell system before it hits

      the streets.  Mostly coz I don't grok it yet.

  Can you pose specific questions?  the skills and spells files in the
doc/Developer directory should explain most all the fields in the relevant
object, as well as background.  So without some specific areas that need better
documentation, hard for me to help out.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com