[CF-Devel] some spells weirdness

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Apr 25 09:33:36 CDT 2004

      Karla Stenger wrote:

      > just as a matter of comparison, the prayer peace comes to my mind as a spell

      > able to do exactly what you say... but my point is that the "real work" of

      > the summoner is done while charming a monster, and it would sound fair to me

      > that the experience is given by doing that work... and maybe doing so will

      > give summoners an easier way to go. right now if you run into a room full of

      > monsters those monsters usually have pretty similar protections and spells,

      > so waiting for your charmed pets to kill such similar monsters might get you

      > a long while. Since your charmed pets can kill other monsters for you after

      > charmed i said to give just a part of the xp when the monster is charmed,

      > and so you would also like to wait and see if your pet can kill another

      > monster and get some more xp.

      > just my point of view anyway :)

        Ok.  It seems that people think that you should get exp.

        So the next question is - does this hold true for all spells that change the

      creatures mood (turn undead, siren call, pacify, conflict, etc), or just charm

      monsters in particular?

      And should the player get full monster exp, or just some portion of it?

i have added a poll about this in the forum, thought it would be good, hope it
helps :)

     http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?t=352

--

      Karla  Mª  Stenger  Sábat   |