[CF-Devel] More patches and things to consider

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Aug 3 16:39:57 CDT 2004

Yann Chachkoff wrote:

      The solution was to provide wrappers to those functions from the server

      context itself (I admit it, it is not the most elegant solution - I'd have

      scrapped the whole common/server split away myself, but I'm not the only one

      to decide such drastical changes).

  There was a discussion to actually re-arrange the source code.  The real issue
is that for the most part, the current system works, and to re-arrange it is
quite a bit of work without a lot of immediate gain.

  At one point, the split made more sense - the Xt editor linked in the common
library.  and in fact, the standalone random map generator does also, but not
being able to generate that probably isn't that big a deal.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com