[CF-Devel] clients

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Aug 6 22:26:17 CDT 2004

tchize wrote:

      Well the size is mainly determined not by pictures but because this game has

      LOTS of messages and , well we need to put them somewhere. (Stats, fight

      message, chat message, inventory, ground, etc).

  One of the things I was doing for the gtk2 client was using more tabs to
select the data.

  Eg, for the messages, have a few tabs - one contains everything, one contains
only the important messages, I think maybe one for chat type messages.  In this
way, in the middle of the battle, you could see all the messages, and afterward,
go to the other tabs to see messages you might have missed.

  However, the basic design of the gtk2 was for a 1024x768 resolution (that was
the layout size) - might be resizable smaller, but that wasn't my design goal.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com