[CF-Devel] Improvements to 'tell' and 'reply' commands

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Aug 30 12:22:55 CDT 2004

Mark Wedel wrote:

      I don't see any problem with the first one.

Committed to CVS.

      I'd have to check the CVS logs, but there is probably a reason that there

      is an explict check for FLAG_REMOVED in the second case.  My guess would be

      you could ge in odd situations with a logged out player, possibly resulting

      in crashes.

I checked some random code with loops over the first_player list: I found no
other player that checked for FLAG_REMOVED or even bothered to check
"pl->ob!=NULL". Therefore you can cause the problem fixed in find_player()
('reply' command) by just using 'tell' (find_player_partial_name()) or 'gsay'
(send_party_message()).

      In fact, I've seen a lot of crashes with logged out but still connected

      players.  Really, all that logic should get cleaned up/removed (I think I

      mentioned before, but ideal situation would be for client to send both name

      and password as part of connection instead of having the the server have to

      handle those states, which I think there is an open bug against right now)

I'll leave it unchanged then. Anyways, it was just a little inconsistency I
noticed between the similar commands 'tell' and 'reply'.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com