[CF-Devel] python plugin trigger bug?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Dec 7 21:34:33 CST 2004

Ah, the activator is the switch in this case, I thought it should be
referencing the player activating the trigger as it is in other events.
Whoami is the object itself usually, no? My script had whoami to
determine the object being activated - whoami is not valid causing a
segfault...

Try this for the script:

import CFPython
activator=CFPython.WhoIsActivator()
activatorname=CFPython.GetName(activator)
whoami=CFPython.WhoAmI()

info = CFPython.GetEventOptions(whoami, 10) # 10 is trigger event

CFPython.Say(activator, "activator: script is running")
CFPython.Say(whoami, "object: script is running")

      Sorry, but I can't reproduce your problems here. I use the current cvs

      server. The objects (pedestal/button) in my map are:

          arch pedestal

          event_trigger_plugin Python

          event_trigger /pedestal.py

          x 2

          y 6

          end

          arch button_small

          event_trigger_plugin Python

          event_trigger /pedestal.py

          x 3

          y 6

          end

      The script (pedestal.py) I use is:

          import CFPython

          CFPython.Say(CFPython.WhoIsActivator(), "activator: script is running")

      Whenever I enter or leave the pedestal/button, I receive the messages

          pedestal says: activator: script is running

      or

          small button says: activator: script is running

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com