[CF-Devel] python plugin trigger bug?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Dec 7 01:34:51 CST 2004

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Not to be rude, I'll reply to myself on this - when I switch the

      calling object from a pedestal to a button I get the following error:

      The unknown trigger type error maybe seems to indicate that the hook

      has tried to pass the player as the trigger object...

Sorry, but I can't reproduce your problems here. I use the current cvs
server. The objects (pedestal/button) in my map are:

    arch pedestal
    event_trigger_plugin Python
    event_trigger /pedestal.py
    x 2
    y 6
    end
    arch button_small
    event_trigger_plugin Python
    event_trigger /pedestal.py
    x 3
    y 6
    end

The script (pedestal.py) I use is:

    import CFPython
    CFPython.Say(CFPython.WhoIsActivator(), "activator: script is running")

Whenever I enter or leave the pedestal/button, I receive the messages

    pedestal says: activator: script is running

or

    small button says: activator: script is running

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com