[CF-Devel] Missing archetypes used by python plugin

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Dec 20 16:38:12 CST 2004

Andreas Kirschbaum wrote:

     From my point of view only the functions CheckInvisibleObject() and

     CreateInvisibleObject() are useful (and currently working). The

     remaining functions should be removed. Is this "fix" of the plugin code

     acceptable?

     I believe so.  I have only ever used the invisible object function and
the others I have not as I assumed they were legacy code. I don't know
if there is an issue where it is different with inserting these
invisible inventory objects as opposed to visible inventory objects.
Really you should just create the arch by name and it will have
visibility as a property or not - there should be no diffrnece in
creating a marker or spell object from creating a shield or glove
object.  However, I haven't tried this and if there is  a difference
then the way this should work is to be able to insert these types of
archetypes by passing their name from a single function instead of
having a function for each type.  Perhaps adding an optional archetype
name field which defaults to 'force' to the InvisibleObject() functions.

Another big thing along the same lines would be to clean up the spell
and skill stuff...  I don't know how the spell and skill wrappers can be
loaded into the plugin any longer now that they are dynamically loaded
from the arches, but this is a lot of legacy code in the plugin.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com