[CF-Devel] Combat animations/sound

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Feb 11 20:15:59 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 07:52, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Todd Mitchell wrote:

      > I beg of you guys to crack open the blocking code before working on

      > fixes for a new clean protocol for the client.  Or at least plan for

      > changes.  Blocking right now is a huge handicap for both skill creation

      > and map making.  A simple blocking system that allows for flying over

      > stuff (including missiles and spells), swimming/sailing, mountain

      > climbing and other types of movement would be so very useful.

      > Being able to use a bitmask comparison instead of a simple blocked flag

      > for blocking movement may be the sort of thing to consider?

        Just a note, bringing up the topic doesn't mean I'm going to start cod on it

      tomorrow.

        It was more that at some point, that code really needs to be re-written.

I suppose we can give you a day or two ;)

Actually I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't left out of the
conversation if anyone did actually start thinking about changes to the
protocol related to blocking info.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com