[CF-Devel] god_removes_curse question

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Feb 15 22:54:45 CST 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      Playing with thaumaturgy, i made a holy symbol of Probity, but cursed.

      So i prayed at my god's altar (Gaea) till curse was removed. But the

      symbol still had a negative power value!

      So i'm wondering if that's the intended behaviour or not... I think to

      remember gods used to fix potions & such, so i thought this negative

      bonus would have been fixed too... but i may be wrong :)

  That is the way the code works.  and I do think that is the intended results.

  Arguably, the many benefit of gods removing curse was to be able to get rid of
cursed armor, weapons, etc, that you may have applied.

  The reason that uncursing works for potions to make them normal potions is the
actual potion applying code.  A cursed potion (if you looked at one saved in a
player file) is still listed with something like 'Str 1'.  It just that when you
apply it, the code looks to see if it is cursed or not, and if cursed, then
subtracts instead of adds the value.

  To my knowledge, that is the only class of objects that uncursing by gods
makes it a normal object.  For things like weapons, armors, etc, the cursed flag
might get removed, but they still have their negative value.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com