[CF-Devel] Some bugs/comments in crossfire.metalforge.net

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Feb 16 18:41:54 CST 2004

Karla Stenger wrote:

      1) (some?) Random maps shops do not *buy* stuff, is that supossed to work that

      way?

  No, but without a bad map to diagnosis the problem, hard to really know what
is going on here.

      2) While in my apt if i click on a container that is on the floor it will show

      me all it's contents (DM mode OFF!)

      For example go to /scorn/houses/cornerbrook and enter the room to the right, it

      has a dresser which will show you this if you click on it:

      - dresser.

        - mace                                   16

        - claypipe                                4.5

      - woodfloor.

      This doesn't happen to random maps chests, i still cant understand the

      difference between one case and the other.

  Fixed.

       3) Spell delays: "identify/large icestorm/dragonbreath are totally useless

      right now" is the comment a player told me, and i partly agree, i think the

      delay is just too much in some cases, did you try these?

  I just put in code to make the delays more consistent.  In all cases, the
delays were reduced.  there was also a bug in that the player was getting hit
twice - in handle player, the speed_left was decreased by 1, and then in
cast_spell, the player speed further reduced.  I put code in to make sure the
the players speed_left is capped at a maximum of how long it shoudl take them to
recover.

       4) Hiscore list (and probably still some player file) messed up because of the

      rods bug. Players affected by the bug dont like it cause they cannot play their

      chars corrctly and players not affected doesnt like it cause they think they

      will have no chance to ever enter the hiscore list.

  The highscore list is OK now I think.  I'm also going to recompile the code so
that there are more slots for highscore list (1000 slots in fact).  I can't
think of any good reason why there should only be space for 10 people (even with
1000 slots, the top people will still know where they stand)

      5) horns of plenty will shoot bullets instead, pretty deadly :p

  This is fixed.  Note that this is a generation bug, so already broken horns
won't be fixed, but any newly generated horns should to the right thing.

  Note that potions were also similarly broken - for those that cast spell
effects - not the stat potions.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com