[CF-Devel] Bug report: vitriol issues

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Feb 20 20:33:54 CST 2004

Hi,
I add this to this topic since it seems related to what ryo says below.
Just today i noticed my holy word strangely casted, i use a binding with fire 0,
so it could have to do with that. The problem itself is when i cast it instead
of beeing surrounded by holy word, there is a spot that is not covered and it's
precisely the top left corner and all the top left corners of the squares around
me... just to make it more clear:

* floor
O spell
X me

*OOOOOO
O*OOOOO
OO*OOOO
OOOXOOO
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO

Other cone spells seem to behave the same way.

      First, firing under himself would fire top left corner. This doesn't happen

      with other spells (like holy word, for instance). Could that be something like

      initial bullet has this direction?

Also would like to ask about the banishment spell, until 2 or 3 days ago it was
a very powerful spell which as level 30 in praying allowed me to grow up to
level 60 pretty fast beecause of the size of it when i casted it centered on me
like holy word, it almost covered the whole place and so I advanced really fast.
It's now been modified so the area covered by it, now i'm level 60 in praying,
is about 4 or 5 sq of radius. So my point is, yes the spell was too powerful for
beeing so big before, but now it's almost useless since it's too small and
casting twice holy word (that is still big as it used to be) would be much worth
than casting 5 or 6 times banishment.
How are those radius calculated anyway?

Until next time,
Katia.