[CF-Devel] Bug report: vitriol issues

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Feb 21 13:27:06 CST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 20:33
Karla Stenger wrote:

      Hi,

      I add this to this topic since it seems related to what ryo says

      below. Just today i noticed my holy word strangely casted, i use a

      binding with fire 0, so it could have to do with that. The problem

      itself is when i cast it instead of beeing surrounded by holy word,

      there is a spot that is not covered and it's precisely the top left

      corner and all the top left corners of the squares around me...

      just to make it more clear:

      * floor

      O spell

      X me

      *OOOOOO

      O*OOOOO

      OO*OOOO

      OOOXOOO

      OOOOOOO

      OOOOOOO

      OOOOOOO

      Other cone spells seem to behave the same way.

Nice diagram. :-) I've noticed the same with both icestorm and
burning hands.

      > First, firing under himself would fire top left corner. This

      > doesn't happen with other spells (like holy word, for instance).

      > Could that be something like initial bullet has this direction?

      Also would like to ask about the banishment spell, until 2 or 3

      days ago it was a very powerful spell which as level 30 in praying

      allowed me to grow up to level 60 pretty fast beecause of the size

      of it when i casted it centered on me like holy word, it almost

      covered the whole place and so I advanced really fast. It's now

      been modified so the area covered by it, now i'm level 60 in

      praying, is about 4 or 5 sq of radius. [...]

It seemed to me that icestorm was not firing as far. Perhaps it is
related? FWIW, several things about the new spell code, and possible
recent "tweaking", seem to make spells less effective. This is
especially noticeable as one gains levels. Perhaps the excessive
damage I have noticed from red dragons lately has been an attempt to
fix the badly broken dragonbreath spell. The delay on it has made it
a fairly unnecessary spell in my character's spell arsenal, it is
never used now. Perhaps someone is trying to make it relevant once
again(?). I would like it to be more relevant, yes, but not at the
expense of no longer being able to fight red dragons with character
fire resistance of +69 because my char takes so much damage from one
fire hit with dragonbreath.

Gene (aka poof, aka eracc)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-26mdkenterprise i686
 13:07:08 up 21 days, 15:02, 10 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com