[CF-Devel] Lava floor vs. cone spells

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Feb 23 23:59:58 CST 2004

Karla Stenger wrote:

      Hi again,

      For some reason i dont understand the lava floor (as in training area for

      killing demons) does not allow cone spells to be casted more than one square

      farther than yourself, this applies to monsters and players, and is happening

      since some time ago, sorry for not telling before... but my empty head sometimes

      just forgets :/

      I have no clue on why this is happening, but the only thing Ryo and i noticed is

      that the lava floor has lifesave 1... in the hope it makes things easier for you

      this is the dump of the lava floor:

  Fixed in CVS.  the lifesave had nothing to do with it.

  the problem actually was that the spell code uses the maxhp field to see if
the smae spell is hitting the same space more than once, and if so, don't put
any more on that space.  That is sort of necessary based on how some spells move.

  The problem was that wasn't being set.  And since lava is also a cone spell
(believe it or not), when it encounter the lava, it thought the spell was
already on the space.

  I also believe a bug was opened a while back on this (but don't see it, so
maybe it was just a mention) that if you cast a cone spell at another cone
spell, you effectively neutralized it.  That shouldn't happen anymore either.

  Also, it does mean that cone spell should now do a bit more damage in the
center (core) area, because that can still have up to 3 effects on the space
instead of just one.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com