[CF-Devel] skills bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Feb 26 17:04:20 CST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Bernd Edler wrote:

      > Thus i suggest that reaching maximum overall should not prevent me

      > from getting skill experience.

        This is no longer the case in the new exp system.

        A characters total exp is not coupled to the sum of exp in skills.

        So each 'bucket' is now only limited by the max exp value allowed.  So you

      could max out exp in every skill as well as overall exp under the new system.

Nope.
I just now tested again with current cvs.
As soon as one gets maxed out overall  - one can get no more
experience in any category.

reason:
common/living.c line 1637:

    /* Basically, you can never gain more experience in one shot
     * than half what you need to gain for next level.
     */
    exp_to_add = exp;
    limit=(levels[op->level+1]-levels[op->level])/2;
    if (exp_to_add > limit) exp_to_add=limit;

Bernd Edler

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com