[CF-Devel] Some bugs/comments in crossfire.metalforge.net

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Jan 7 02:09:41 CST 2004

Hello.

       3) Spell delays: "identify/large icestorm/dragonbreath are totally useless

      right now" is the comment a player told me, and i partly agree, i think the

      delay is just too much in some cases, did you try these?

Delay is too bad, indeed. Another player told me that, too.
It seems to me this delay makes it almost worthless to use summoning,
especially during combat (if it takes 5secs after you build a
counterwall, you're probably in a bad situation)
Also dragonbreath becomes less interesting than burning hands, which you
can fire many times fastly. And this is probably true of other spells
like large icestorm/medium icestorm.

       4) Hiscore list (and probably still some player file) messed up because of the

      rods bug. Players affected by the bug dont like it cause they cannot play their

      chars corrctly and players not affected doesnt like it cause they think they

      will have no chance to ever enter the hiscore list.

This needs fixing at the server level, so someone who got access to it.
(unless there's a DM command i don't know)

      5) horns of plenty will shoot bullets instead, pretty deadly :p

And some traps are still broken. On chests or doors create bomb, poison
cloud, fireball don't work. They probably work on runes, though.
Also dragonmen don't drop any loot anymore, see in dragon nest.
*makes a note to check that someday*

      see you :)

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com