[CF-Devel] crashes at crossfire.metalforge.net

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Jan 11 22:54:54 CST 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 21:13, Karla Stenger wrote:

      a very weir thing is hapening in the training house in the scorn's port,

      just beeing there long enough will cause you to crash the server, specially

      into the demons map. I dont know what is the cause exactly, just making the

      note.

I'll add two more to that, they may be related.

Using exits a second time will sometimes cause a server crash.  I was unable
to track it down.

Just walking around in one of my experimental maps will crash on occaision,
but that may be just my map.

I suspect there is some weird memory corruption or off by one error somewhere.
I don't have Purify, but I tried Electric Fence, kept running out of ram.

On the plus side, I did track dowm and fix the monsters on tiled maps bug that
I may have mentioned a while ago.  Seems that the server assumed that all
parts of a multi part monster are on the same map as the head while moving.
So a multi part monster can move it's head onto the map, but will crash if it
moves further.  Fixed this, and I will commit shortly.

I have finished my holidays now, so maybe someone with a copy of Purify can
try to track down these othor crashes.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com