[CF-Devel] Improved invisibility ... isn't

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Jan 20 22:46:07 CST 2004

Dear Coders,

Playing on metalforge.real-time.com my char with level 46 magic does
not stay invisible when casting improved invisibility and moving or
attacking. This did work on other, less up to date, servers. It seems
that something has been changed in the code that causes improved
invisibility to be no better than plain old invisibility. Please fix
this.

Katia and/or Leaf, could either/both of you try to verify that this
problem exists? TIA!

Also, it appears that blindness is not a real debilitation to
powerful critters. I caused a Cyclops to be blinded with sunspear yet
it seemed it could still hit me in melee for the full amount of
damage as if it were not blinded. Is that supposed to be? It seems
that blinded creatures should hit for a significantly less amount of
damage because in a blinded state their "luck" would have to be
*very* high to land full blows.

<rant warning>
Does Cyclops have an inordinate amount of luck? That would not be
surprising since they are so freakin' powerful already. I mean,
PUHLEEZE, you guys 'n gals already took away my ability to melee
Cyclops while playing dragon chars by crippling "holy possession" so
one can only cast it once. Yeah, right, invulnerability potion, sure
THAT lasts a long time ... not. My dragon char, level 66 - phys 46,
has to use one potion per Cyclops! Heck, holy possession lasts longer
than that. GEEZ! :-/
</rant warning>

Thanks for "listening" to a mere player. :-)

Gene (aka eracc, aka poof)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.21-0.26mdk i686
 22:20:29 up 29 days,  7:27,  9 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.23, 0.16

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com