[CF-Devel] Gnome client currently not supported

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Jan 22 01:59:33 CST 2004

tchize wrote:

      Hi

      I have tried to compile the gnome client. I get the following message from

      make:

      Gnome client currently not supported

      According to cvs log, the Makefile.in was modified more thant 2years ago, bu i

      see there are some recent modification in gnome subdirectory files (9days

      old). So i suppose the gnome client is still maintained. Could i know how am

      supposed to compile it? Have tried

      cd gnome;  make gnome-cfclient

      but i get a whole bunch of errors.

      Thanks.

  The gnome client is originally maintained.

  Someone did the initial port.  But at some point, they stopped working on it
(gtk client was complete enough or something).  So the gnome client is basically
there more as a historical record.  I suppose someone could get it working if
they wanted to, but it hasn't been maintained for a long time, so likely needs
considerable work.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com