[CF-Devel] Combat animations/sound

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Jan 26 21:26:21 CST 2004

An experiance I just had sums up why i'm suggesting this;There was this long
hallway, cram packed with mobs.  I held control+up.  I simply kept going up,
and they just dissapeared.  I would refer it to mowing, but mowing looks
like it takes effort (hey, it does)

My idea was to make fighting look and feel a bit more like fighting.
I understand that there is no sound currently, so part of this might be
redunant.  Ever play the old Strategic Simulations, Inc Dungeons & Dragons
games?  Pools of Radience, Champions of Krynn, Gateway to the Savage
Frontier ect...  Gems, pure gems.
When ever you attack in those games, there is a small animation(very small).
  For example, there are two character pictures total.  One of the guy with
his sword raised, another with it down.  It is set to the sword raised one.
When you attack, it switches to the sword down one, then back to the one
with the sword raised.  Very quick, but makes it look like hes fighting.  A
little sound of a chink is played if it hits, and a little woosh if it
misses.
When somthing is hit, the model square thing flashes red for a moment.  I am
not exactally suggesting that the boxes flash red for a second, but somthing
could happen.  A red x in there appears and dissapears with the sound.
These changes would really. really add to the atmosphere, even though they
would take quite a bit of work.  I think it would be worth it, and help get
you into the game.

-Xenoroyal

     http://wine.msn.com/

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com