[CF-Devel] Combat animations/sound

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Jan 28 01:45:51 CST 2004

Xeno Royal wrote:

      My idea was to make fighting look and feel a bit more like fighting.

      I understand that there is no sound currently, so part of this might be

      redunant.  Ever play the old Strategic Simulations, Inc Dungeons &

      Dragons games?  Pools of Radience, Champions of Krynn, Gateway to the

      Savage Frontier ect...  Gems, pure gems.

  Actually, there is primative sound ability (it will make some sound as you
hack through that hallway).  However, I don't know what client/platform you are
using, and whether sounds is supported on that.

      When ever you attack in those games, there is a small animation(very

      small).  For example, there are two character pictures total.  One of

      the guy with his sword raised, another with it down.  It is set to the

      sword raised one.  When you attack, it switches to the sword down one,

      then back to the one with the sword raised.  Very quick, but makes it

      look like hes fighting.  A little sound of a chink is played if it hits,

      and a little woosh if it misses.

  Some of the character classes/races have that (alternative between two images
as it moves/attacks).  However, I don't believe that animation has been done for
all characters images.  So it sounds like you are playing a character that is
not as animated.

  Also, depending on what is being killed, it's death may be more obvious than
others - eg, the the very wimpy starting monsters (kobolds) tend not to have any
treasure, so just disappear.  Slightly tougher monsters tend to have loot, so
the loot shows up on the space.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com