[CF-Devel] button-link bug?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Jun 11 02:24:25 CDT 2004

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      In the process of map testing, I stumbled across a weird bug:

      Enter the map "treasure" (map is attached to this mail),

      then leave, wait till the map is saved out.

      You should see the following line:

        Saving map /pup_land/ancient/volcano/treasure

      Then re-enter the map.

      Re-loading of the map somehow fails (player is trapped, and

      surrounded by all-black squares. The server prints

      the following message:

        Tried to add button-link without map.

        Tried to add button-link without map.

        Tried to add button-link without map.

      I run latest CVS code and arches. Important: I'm using windows,

      so it could be related to a character/ascii/linefeed parsing problem.

      The bug happens every time I follow the steps described above.

      It appears on other maps as well, but it only seems to happen on

      maps with buttons. Button-free maps don't show any problem of this kind.

  Now fixed in CVS:
common/loader.l, loader.c: Fix passed in size to get_ob_diff() - was one
     to long, causing string corruption.

  Actually, not a problem with the buttons - apparantly, this was the first map
to set a duration_modifier value.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com