[CF-maps] Re: [CF-Devel] Scorn Sale Shop - items end up under tables?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Jun 15 02:47:33 CDT 2004

<snipped much out>

      2) various skills could be associated with the different gods (not

      necessarily a 1:1 mapping - multiple skills may be sponsored by

      different gods, and any one god many also sponsor multiple skills).

      Thus for example, followers of god X may only be able to sacrifice items

      to get exp in a few skills, whiel a follower of god Y can get the exp in

      other skills (I'd think that in all cases, you could always get the exp

      in praying).  This adds another dynamic to the gods.

I'd agree for skills one can gain levels by fighting monsters, or not
too difficulty.
But, if sacrificing items were to give exp, i'd sure want to gain exp in
inscription definitely, bargaining maybe, alchemy/bowyer/... probably,
and so on.

So i'd say: split combat skills (one/two handed weapons, magic, ...)
between gods, but let'em all give exp in misc skills.

Just my 2 cents of euro :)

Nicolas

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com