Re: Re: [CF-Devel] python plugin drop patch

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Jun 15 08:49:43 CDT 2004

I think the intended effect is to run the script twice - if an object is worn/applied it is run, if it is unworn/unapplied it is run - that was the current situation,  the apply hook was called on apply and unapply.  I am only addressing a loophole that when an applied object is dropped it does not call unapply.  This brings the behaviour in line with existing behaviour.  It should be noted in the plugin docs however that apply is also called on unapply.  Now granted the hook may be in the wrong place - but IMHO the behaviour seems to be correct.

Mark said:

        One effect that I think will happen is that when a player manually unapplies

      the object, the apply event script will be run twice - once from manual_apply,

      and once from unapply_special.  I'm not sure if this will have any bad effects,

      but I could certainly see the possibility of that happening.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com