[CF-Devel] Random things & bugs :)

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Jun 18 11:27:19 CDT 2004

Ah, yes, lockpicking. Even worse than disarm trap. Those skills never were
on the top of the list, but with this xp-system  - they are just funny.
(The only place I could _really_ use disarm trap for example was in a
no-magic zone with a trap that deals 500 dam, but that time I had 40
disarm trap skill -via old system; what was it, mental, perhaps- and blew
the trap 3 times on av. before I could disarm it. How on EARTH will
someone have any near to lvl 40 in disarming trap with this new skill
system?)
Umm, just ask _any_ player (except someone, but I won't tell his name) if
it's worth even to _think_ about bothering with lockpicking or disarm
trap...
(Just to think about it? C'mon I too did think about it... Yet again, it
didn't worth it... :-P )
So I just wanted to say - you dev peepo are gonne be a _hard_ time if you
are considering turning these skills from "inqualifyable" to just
"entirely useless".
(Ok, I too have used disarm trap on those more-than-20-traps treasure
chests, but let's admit it, usually those chests turn up opened
prematurely - by a fireball or somethin' like that. If I have cared about
the items inside, I'd just have used the spell... But ok, I admit, disarm
trap is even now as much as an "entirely uselss" skill. But lockpicking -
no. Hell no. That's waaay below that...)
And NO, making more deadly traps on doors and chests would NOT be the
solution...

      On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 02:51, Mark Wedel wrote:

      >   I'd almost rather take the other approach, and just make it easier to go up in

      > exp for those skills - increase the reward players get.

      Could lockpicking be rewarded based on the map difficulty?

      --PC

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com