[CF-Devel] Random things & bugs :)

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Jun 18 22:48:49 CDT 2004

  Well, pick lock should give more exp - it seems that the attempt_pick_lock
function does factor in the map difficulty in determining chances, but the exp
reward does not

  The fact that literacy is limited in sources is a bit of a problem.  I always
thought it'd be nice to add in cursed spellbooks that could cause you to forget
spells.  Then you could re-learn them.  Of course, you can use the literacy
skill to identify all those spellbooks you find, to still give you some exp

  Perhaps the issue is really more fundamental - there are bunches of skills out
there, without any clear requirement that the player be high level in the skill.
  And this of course means that there isn't any clear way to get high level in
the skill.

  The simplest solution right now is to just bump up the exp reward for the skills.

  Perhaps one solution to this is random objects that give exp bonuses.  Eg, a
book that 'teaches' the player some skill, which effectively translates into exp
for a particular skill.  These should still be fairly rare, but these could
actually be a somewhat coveted treasure I'd think.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com