[CF-Devel] throwing bombs...

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Jun 22 23:58:51 CDT 2004

ScaChi wrote:

      On Sun, 23 May 2004 05:22:13 -0300

      Karla Stenger <

      kstenger at montevideo.com.uy

      > wrote:

     hi all,

     	som players just reported to me and showed me some bombs they had just thrown

     away right after casting them, the strange thing was they wouldnt blow up like

     they should. Examining them and comparing to a fresh newly casted bomb's dump i

     found out differences that appear to be added by the throwing items code.

      I 've thrown some bombs too.

      The bombs always exploded, but the bomb image remains where it exploded.

      When the bomb is thrown at an enemy (only tested it with Goblins)

      the enemy picks it up. It's funny. You see them pick it up, walk a bit and ... *kaboom.

  I'll fix this.  This is a basic problem in the way the throw code works - when
you throw something, another object is created with the same face/animation of
the object you are throwing, and the actual object you are throwing is put
inside this other object.

  This works pretty good, but the problem is that in this case, the bomb
explodes, leaving the thrown_obj without inventory.  And the code was such that
in that case, it just did nothing, hence leaving a face on the map of the thrown
object.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com