[CF-Devel] artifact list error

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Mar 1 00:53:02 CST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      > <     while (fgets(buf, MAX_BUF, fp)!=NULL) {

      > ---

      > >     while (fgets(buf, HUGE_BUF, fp)!=NULL) {

      Is this going to be a problem to increase that - there are few places

      where it might be needed and arguably it isn't needed (just allow less

      items per artifact entry)?

     As it is a local variable, this should be no problem at all.
I do not think limiting the item types is necessary or desireable.

I am now considering lists like:

Allow arch1,arch2,arch3
      ,arch4,arch5

This way we can have list of any length while keeping
each line shorter then 80 characters for easy editing.

Even more elegant would be creating groups of items.
Eg.:

race 1h-swords
sword1
sword2
end

Then these lists would be not only shorter/more readable,
but also more easy to maintain.
This takes more programming effort of course.

      > While after running collect:

      > Couldn't find archetype ability_dragonbreath

      Actually I think this one isn't mine - I can't find that arch either.

     This was a quick fix by Mark Wedel, due to popular demand.
I just thought, as you are doing arches, you could get the
arch info from the cvs archetypes file , rename it to abil_dragonbreath
and create the arch/spell/Ability/abil_dragonbreath.arc

Bernd Edler

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com