[CF-Devel] Multipart creatures and maps

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Mar 4 15:49:44 CST 2004

One thing i have noticed since I started working on the multipart arches
is that a lot of maps have these objects stored in the I am supposing
'old style' and this is causing display problems I believe when the maps
are loaded up.  I noticed this first with the Palace graphic when I
merged it there was suddenly a whole bunch of palaces in the spot - each
piece of the arch was stored in the map.  It is more noticable with
monsters like the cyclops now that the images have been merged - here's
an example:

./darcap/darcap/circus/bigtop:arch cyclops_2
./darcap/darcap/circus/bigtop:arch cyclops_3
./darcap/darcap/circus/bigtop:arch cyclops_4
./darcap/darcap/circus/bigtop:arch cyclops_5
./darcap/darcap/circus/bigtop:arch cyclops_6

Anyone have a quick scripted way to strip these out and use the more
modern multipart notation (head only I believe?)- it would lighten the
maps up a bit and would fix some of the graphic issues we have been
seeing.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com