Re: Re: [CF-Devel] '/command and '<text to say>

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Mar 12 12:12:44 CST 2004

I've been working on a GTK Client walkthrough/intro off and on for a while
now.

     http://crossfire.real-time.com/guides/walkthrough/client.html

It's quickly becoming out of date (or is out of date already?) due to
the new skill system, but it probably is a good start for a client user
guide.

Anyone interested in contributing to it?

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Todd Mitchell wrote:

      >   It might not be a bad idea to include more (some?) documentation on actual

      > play with the client.  That is what people are downloading - toss a .txt or .pdf

      > file there, and people would probably read it.  They aren't going to hunt aroudn

      > the server directory for it.

      Yes of course. The thing I have had to explain the most to players is

      keybinding (especially removing global bindings and using run and fire

      mode for key combinations).  I also think that less global keybindings

      would be nice as it seems to be hard to reconfigure the keyboard nicely

      for laptops (from what I am told).

      There was some new in game tutorials about key bindings in the new

      starting map as well.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com