[CF-Devel] Rings bug ...

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Mar 15 02:05:52 CST 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 22:26
ERACC wrote:

      Greetings,

      crossfire.metalforge.net:

      Character, poof, has several rings in apt to give to newbie

      players. Picked up a Wis +2, then a Pow +2 and the Pow +2 MERGED

      with the Wis +2! When I dropped them they became FOUR rings of Wis

      +2. Then picked up a Pow +2 FIRST then a Wis +2 which THEN merged

      with the Pow +2 and I had two more Pow +2 which I then dropped and

      they became FOUR Pow +2. As far as I know right now I can repeat

      this behavior at will. Did not try other combinations.

      Caveat: The becoming four rings MAY be my mind misremembering as

      this happened several hours ago. But the merging I DO remember.

      Gene (aka poof, aka eracc)

After further testing it appears the rings were also merging with
other rings when I dropped them. That is why I thought they were
doubling when I dropped them. All the +2 rings I had are now just
Pow and Wis rings. Looks like something has hosed the merge code at
least for these +2 rings. :-/

Gene (aka poof, aka eracc)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 02:02:45 up 15 days, 20:56,  9 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.16, 0.10

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com