[CF-Devel] Multipart creatures and maps

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Mar 16 14:07:40 CST 2004

I have run the multipart arch map cleanup script (cleanarch.pl) that
Bernd submitted and so far it is working great - perhaps I am imagining
it but my server seems faster (lots of extraneous map data cleaned
up?).  After some testing I have not seen any issues with the bigworld
maps from this script but of course there are a lot of maps and I have
not even come close to testing all of them.
I would like to commit the cleaned up maps (first bigworld then old
maps) however as I believe that any problems that might arise from
running this script would be isolated and fixable.
There are still display issues with large images however which this did
not fix, but I think it is worth cleaning up the maps anyway.